In fulfilling the primary focus of the position, the incumbent will typically perform the following in compliance with Adra systems and Client requirements:
- Perform civil and structural design and analysis.
- Perform Failure Modes, Effects and Cause Analysis.
- Conduct Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments.
- Provide technical specification and support to drafting resources.
- Carry out technical and economic feasibility studies.
- Exercise judgement and initiative in the application of engineering principles, techniques and methods to achieve project/task outcomes.
- Identify client needs and develop appropriate scope of works and proposals for peer review.
- Represent the company to clients and work on sites in a professional and safe manner.
- Identify, assist and/or develop technical systems within the business that improve productivity and quality.
Key Selection Criteria
To achieve the purpose of the position, the following attributes are required:
- Civil / Structural Engineering Degree.
- Experience in civil and structural design.
- Proficiency in the use of FEA analysis, modelling software and MS Office applications.
- A sound understanding of structural design relating to industrial plant, buildings and civil works with an ability to apply technical skills in a practical manner to achieve project outcomes..
- Proven ability to work in a close team environment with experience in developing and maintaining relationships with team members and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing.
- Ability to use conceptual and analytical skills to interpret and apply industry standards and best practice research to projects.
- A commitment to continued professional development.
Other relevant skills, knowledge and experience
In addition to the Key Selection Criteria required to achieve the purpose of the position, the following attributes are required:
- Eligibility for professional membership of Engineers Australia.
- Desire to achieving CPEng and RPEQ accreditation.
- Current driver’s licence.