In fulfilling the primary purpose of the position, the incumbent will typically perform the following in compliance with Adra systems and Client requirements:
- Site investigation/sketch/photograph electrical cubicles and equipment.
- Design circuitry to interface/integrate new equipment into existing installations.
- Produce new and amend existing electrical drawings.
- Produce “work packs” of information to allow physical works to be undertaken by electricians.
- Liaise with electricians and clients during physical works and assist to resolve any unforeseen issues.
- Deliver professional design drafting work.
- Peer review/checking of drafting work.
- Exercise judgement and initiative in the application of engineering drafting principles, techniques and methods to achieve project/task outcomes.
- Represent the company to clients and work on sites in a professional and safe manner.
- Act within Adra Groups quality system, policies, procedures and technical standards.
Key Selection Criteria
To achieve the purpose of the position, the following attributes are required:
- Electrical Engineering Associate Diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience in mechanical and structural design.
- Proficiency in the use of Inventor, AutoCAD and MS Office applications.
- Proven ability to work in a close team environment with experience in developing and maintaining relationships with team members and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing.
- Ability to use conceptual and analytical skills to interpret and apply industry standards and best practice research to projects.
- A commitment to continued professional development.
Other relevant skills, knowledge and experience
In addition to the Key Selection Criteria required to achieve the purpose of the position, the following attributes are required:
- Current driver’s licence.
- Prepared to travel as required.
- Good working knowledge of Australian Standard AS1100.
- Knowledge of Drawing Numbering systems.