In fulfilling the primary purpose of the position, the incumbent will typically perform the following in compliance with Adra systems and Client requirements:
- Deliver professional design drafting work under the supervision of senior mechanical/structural engineers and draftspersons.
- Exercise judgement and initiative in the application of engineering drafting principles, techniques and methods to achieve project/task outcomes.
- Identify client needs and develop appropriate scope of works and proposals for peer review.
- Represent the company to clients and work on sites in a professional and safe manner.
- Form good working relationships with Adra Group clients.
- Identify, assist and/or develop technical systems within the business that improve productivity and quality.
- Act within Adra Groups quality system, policies, procedures and technical standards.
- Contribute to the development of Adra Groups Strategies, team goals and participate in initiatives and actions as required.
- Participate in and support improvement initiatives and champion Adra Groups Values.
- Develop technical specifications in accordance with relevant industry standards
- Conduct Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments
- Provide support to engineering resources
- Peer review/checking work of other draftspersons
Key Selection Criteria
To achieve the purpose of the position, the following attributes are required:
- Mechanical / Structural Engineering Associate Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in mechanical and structural design
- Proficiency in the use of Inventor, AutoCAD and MS Office applications
- Considerable level of expertise & knowledge in Engineering Design & Drafting techniques.
- Proven ability to work in a close team environment with experience in developing and maintaining relationships with team members and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing.
- Ability to use conceptual and analytical skills to interpret and apply industry standards and best practice research to projects.
- A commitment to continued professional development
Other relevant skills, knowledge and experience
In addition to the Key Selection Criteria required to achieve the purpose of the position, the following attributes are required:
- Current driver’s licence.
- Prepared to travel as required
- Good working knowledge of Australian Standard AS1100.
- Knowledge of Drawing Numbering systems.
- Practical knowledge of industrial plant and its associated hazards & risks, including Permit & Safety procedures.